Tuesday, February 4, 2014

You just have to laugh

Vincent interpretation of "love" following his older sister's crash sex education course.
Today has been one of those days.  It started much the same as any day.  I'll start from the point that Matt has gone for work and I am in the shower.  CRASH, not from something big tipping over but more the glass shattering kind of crash.  Eloise has somehow managed to ram her head into the door of Ava's, our bearded dragon, cage and dislodged it.  It fell to the ceramic tile and shattered.  Good news is that no one was hurt.  Bad news is that I'm soaking wet sweeping up glass and package taping our lizard's cage closed.
Fast forward I send Eloise, Vincent and Julianne to school.  Claudia and I load into the van to go downtown to CRS (Children's Rehabilitative Services).  We arrive without an event and I check my phone.  Voicemail from the pediatrician that Vincent has a positive strep culture and she is calling in amoxicillin.  Feeling obligated I call the nurse at school to let her know.  She pulls Vincent from class. He already attended school all day Monday, but now he sits in the nurse's office for 2+ hours until I can get back up to school to retrieve him...
At CRS the usual somewhat depressing scene unfolds.  An assumed foster mom is juggling two kids at the counter while she haggles about her appointment being rescheduled without her knowledge.  I happen to know that the said doctor is on vacation to Hawaii.  I kept my mouth shut.
Claudia's appointment goes well and we are cleared from 6 months.  Back in the car to school to switch out kids.
I walk Claudia into school, sign her in, and help set-up her lunch.  Vincent has been entertaining the entire front office with jokes!  Guess that Big Book of Jokes has come in handy.  Claudia pulls into place in the noisy cafeteria just in time for me to see daughter number 2 with huge tears in her eyes.  Is it a delayed concussion?  Likely not but forgetful Eloise has left her violin at home.
So into the van Vincent and I go to Walgreens to get the amoxicillin picked-up.  Home and back to school with violin in hand.  I even got a smile from said child.
Now it's off to the post office to mail the twenty or so page appeal for Claudia's stander.  It is not a BMW just a stander that I'm asking for...  Crossing my fingers while I eat a few Dove chocolates.
 

No comments:

Blog Archive