This last Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday here in the US.
It was also Youth Sunday at our church.
I personally was much more excited about the latter. The youth in our church gave a phenomenal message to the congregation.
Like the young man below, they all wore t-shirts with their personal promise. Written was anything from I promise to be open to new experiences, to I promise to listen and follow God, to I promise love and respect towards all God's people.
During the sermon three of the youth had prepared their stories of "god moments". We all enjoyed listening to their very unique and personal experiences. All three carried such hope in their voices when they spoke of their own aspirations.
It is refreshing to see young people so positive and hopeful.
Following the service the congregation had a chance to write their own promises to be combined together to form a labyrinth in the memorial garden.
Both Claudia and Eloise wrote thoughtful promises. I might just have to add mine too,
but in the meantime
I promise to love and to be loved.


No comments:
Post a Comment