I had the luck of having an unruptured cerebral aneurysm show up on a head MRI this past month. After much thought and preparation, Friday I was admitted to the neurosurgery team at Mayo for a planned angiogram. The purpose of the angiogram being to get a more detailed image of the aneurysm from the inside. Knowing the exact shape allows surgeons to better decide how to block the ballooning wall of the artery. From there the options were to coil or clip the aneurysm. It turned out that my aneursym was of favorable shape meaning it had a small stalk, and the surgeons were able to place multiple platinum coils within the aneurysm to block the blood flow into the aneurysm. I spent the night in the Neuro ICU and was discharged on Saturday morning. Besides a headache and a little pain behind my left eye (where the aneurysm was located) I'm feeling very blessed and well. So the Rank house is thankful tonight for our health and for little reminders to love and cherish each other every day.
1 comment:
Oh Beth, that is scary! I will give thanks for you today -- and your health!! What a blessing!! Love to you and yours!!
Post a Comment